Betsy’s Best nut butters are…well, the BEST. I’m not kidding you guys. I’m in love. I am a nut butter addict. I eat spoonful’s of nut butter (usually peanut butter or almond butter) on the daily. I just love em’. Plain or with a banana or celery or an apple or on bread…you name it. So when Betsy’s Best contacted me about trying out some of their nut butters, you know I didn’t hesitate for a second before saying yes, yes YES. When the packaged arrived I could hardly wait to rip into them.
So Betsy’s Best makes 4 different kinds of nut butters.
- Almond Butter with Cinnamon & Chia Seeds
- Peanut Butter with Cinnamon & Chia Seeds
- Seed Butter with Sunflower & Chia Seeds
- Cashew Butter with Cardamom & Chia Seeds
Noticing a theme? Yes, all of their nut butter have added CHIA SEEDS. This means they have added fiber which helps to slow down digestion and keep you fuller for longer and in turn can help with weight loss and/or maintenance. It also aids in hydration because the chia seeds hold onto water. Pretty awesome, huh? Chia seeds also help to lower cholesterol and are a great source of omega 3 fatty acids, both of which help to reduce your risk of heart disease. The chia seeds also kind of add a new texture dimension that I actually really liked in these nut butters.
Right off the bat I tried out the cashew butter and the peanut butter. I was surprised by how smooth and creamy these nut butters were. I feel like a lot of nut butters are chunky and hard to spread on things but these were smooth and soft and spread easily on everything. The cashew butter was good, I’m not a huge fan of cashew butters so it wasn’t my favorite but definitely not bad…I’d give it a 7.5/10. The peanut butter was OUT. OF. THIS. WORLD. No lie my friends. It is probably my favorite peanut butter I’ve tried, ever…and I’ve tried a lot of penut butters. The added cinnamon put it over the top. It was creamy and cinnamon-y and just delicious! 10/10 FOR sure.
So let’s discuss them each a little bit in detail…
- This one was creamier than your typical almond butter…and I liked it. It was smooth and had those “chunks” of chia seed. The cinnamon was a great compliment to the almond flavor and I was a F.A.N. Not my absolute favorite of these nut butters but still delicious. This one gets a 8.5/10.
- This one was probably my favorite. Like I said above the flavor was fantastic and the cinnamon added just the right amount of extra punch. The chia seeds also provide a ton of amazing benefits (see above) and the texture was on point…overall I just LOVED it. I give it a definite thumbs up: 10/10.
- The seed butter I was a little nervous about, I’d never really tried anything like it before. It is made from a combination of seeds and of course has added cinnamon and chia seeds. It was surprisingly yummy! I don’t even really know how to describe the taste, more of a “toned down” nut butter, but in a good way. It just had a general nutty flavor and would be a good match for anything you’d typically put nut butter on. I actually really loved it. Giving this one a 9/10.
- The cashew butter has added cardamom and definitely a stronger taste than many of the other cashew butters I’ve tried. Cashew butters often taste quite bland to me but this one had a much stronger taste. I can’t say it was my favorite, but that may be more of just a personal preference…I give it a 7/10.
ADDED BENEFITS OF BETSY’S BEST INGREDIENTS:
Chia Seeds: *See above for details on benefits of chia seeds*
Cardamom: This is a super healthy herb and packs a little spice. The manganese properties health to improve digestion and help the kidneys in their detoxifying role.
Cinnamon: Well, besides tasting amazing…cinnamon also is packed with fiber, calcium, iron and manganese. Cinnamon can aid in regulating blood sugar levels and help to reduce LDL cholesterol (“bad” cholesterol).
Organic Honey: Honey contains flavonoids that can have beneficial antioxidant effects. It also naturally aids in digestion and some research even suggests that honey can reduce the risk of some cancers (more research is needed).
The rest of the ingredients are also stellar! They are all pronouncable 😉 No weird, unidentifiable ingredients and each nut butter has 8 ingredients or less! Yeah…awesome!
These nut butters are all gluten free and non-GMO (you know I’m not anti-GMO but for those of you who are, or who just err on that side…yay!). Betsy’s Best sent me some recipes to go along with my nut butters that I can’t wait to try! I’m pretty excited about the Go Nutty All-Natural Energy Bars (see photo below). You can buy them online or find a store that sells them on their website “store finder” here.