Recently The Talk Shop Team sent me a few coupons for their brands to try out. There was a wide variety and so say I was excited to try these products out would be an understatement. They were all products I hadn’t tried before and they sent me coupons to pick them up for FREE 😉 As always, these will be my honest opinions. I did receive free product coupons, but no other compensation for this post. I was the annoying person at Sprouts that had one million coupons and was holding up the line #sorrynotsorry (but actually sorry, because that’s so annoying!). Anyway, it was worth it because I got to try out a bunch of new products and now I get to share them (well, my thoughts on them…maybe one day we’ll figure out a way to literally share them through a computer screen… 😉 ) with you!
First, let’s talk about the Enlightened Ice Cream because they aren’t actually part of The Talk Shop Team, but I had a couple enlightened coupons so I picked up a couple of their new flavors while I was at Sprouts, and I must share!
The Birthday Cake flavor…10/10! I LOVE this flavor. I’m usually a sucker for anything birthday cake flavored and this one was on point! I’ve tried a few other products and ice creams that were cake flavored, let me tell you this one TAKES THE CAKE (see what I did there…). But really. It had a perfect sweetness and lots of sprinkles. It was creamy, unlike some of the other “healthy” ice creams I’ve tried that are chalky or icy. I can’t wait to try this one again!
Red Velvet. Let me just say this…one time I ate a red velvet flavored protein bar while I was sick and I literally think that it ruined me for life. Now every time I try ANYTHING red velvet flavored, I don’t like it and I almost start feeling sick. So that being said this one wasn’t my absolute favorite but I honestly blame that on my very unfortunate red velvet aversion. I know a lot of people have loved this flavor and it was really creamy with lots of cream cheese swirls, so give this one a try! Don’t let me ruin it for you.
<<< Now on to the other (The Talk Shop Team) products… >>>
So Delicious Ice Cream
This is a dairy free ice cream which is awesome if you have a lactose intolerance or are vegan, etc. It’s a good ice cream option, minus the dairy. They have several “bases” instead of milk for their ice cream. So I decided to try them all out. I got…
- ALMOND milk Cookies & Cream
- CASHEW milk Snickerdoodle
- COCONUT milk Cookie Dough
These flavors sounded amazing…and they were.
- The almond milk Cookies & Cream: This is the lowest in calories of the three ice creams that I tried. It has 150 calories per 1/2 cup serving, 4 grams of saturated fat (7 grams total) with 15 grams of sugar and 1 gram of protein. The almond milk makes a good base with a slight hint of almond milk taste (could be a good or bad thing depending on if you like almond milk or not) and the cookie chunks were prevalent and yummy, which is what we want people! This was not my favorite of the three but it still gets a thumbs up. I give it a 7/10.
- The cashew milk Snickerdoodle: This one had an excellent flavor, just the right amount of cinnamon-y cookie flavor and NO weird taste. It comes in at 180 calories per 1/2 cup serving and is lower in saturated fat than a lot of ice creams. It has 10 grams of fat total, but only 2 are saturated fat, so it’s god some heart healthy fats in there (from the cashew base – nuts contain a lot of heart healthy fats). It’s pretty high in sugar at 20 grams with 2 grams of protein but it’s dang delicious I loved this one, it was for sure my favorite! I give it a 9.5/10.
- The coconut milk Cookie Dough: This one is GLUTEN FREE so rejoice my celiac/GF friends! Because it’s pretty good. It is a coconut milk base so it’s really high in saturated fat (7 grams per 1/2 cup serving) but also really creamy. So if you’re looking for a more indulgent treat, this is a good pick. I thought it tasted a bit too coconut-milky, but if you like coconut milk you’ll probably love it. The cookie dough chunks were AMAZing! It’s 210 calories per 1/2 cup serving and has 16 grams of sugar and 1 gram of protein. Like I said, it’s no low-fat/low-sugar, high-protein ice-cream but it is YUM! I give it a 7.5/10.
So delicious? YES. Super healthy? Well, not really. While it’s totally okay to indulge sometimes (moderation amiright?) I wouldn’t consider these to be “healthier” ice creams. Some people think dairy is bad for you (false) so they may consider these healthier options because they’re dairy free, I can’t agree. BUT if you are eating dairy free for other reasons (intolerance, preference, etc.) then these are great options. They’re delicious and they offer a wide variety of flavors. These ice creams are super creamy and delicious.
Canyon Bakehouse Breads
My boyfriend eats a mostly gluten-free diet so I’m always on the lookout for awesome GF products that we can both eat and enjoy together. That’s why I was super excited when I saw the coupons for Canyon Bakehouse GF breads. This company is awesome because they use only 100% whole grains and include some pretty fantastic ingredients into their bread making (olive oil, quinoa, sunflower seeds). They’re certified gluten free and 100% whole grain! They also are free of dairy, tree nuts, peanuts, soy and sesame so if you have any of those allergies, no worries!
I decided on the Rosemary and Thyme Focaccia bread and the 7 Grain bread. The focaccia was OUT. OF. THIS. WORLD. I was seriously so impressed. It didn’t taste “gluten-free” (you know that weird, chewy, off-tasting, too thick GF thing) at all. It tasted like regular gluten-containing bread and the seasonings were the bomb.com. I ate a slice almost every day after I bought it and was so bummed when I ran out. I’ll definitely be trying this one again. The 7 grain was not my favorite. It was a little more “gluten free” tasting/texture. My boyfriend and I made fresh toast out of it and it worked pretty well but I did notice that it was gluten free, it had a slightly thicker/chewier texture and a slight taste difference but overall it wasn’t too bad. A decent option if you need a gluten-free sandwich bread.
Free2b foods is a pretty awesome company that I’m really excited about. Why, you may ask…well let me tell you. They are a company that makes super yummy chocolates that are…drumroll please…free from the top 12 allergens! It can be so hard to enjoy your favorite treats when you have allergies but this company has found a way around that problem. Awesome treats with incredible taste! They make “cups” (think Reese’s PB cups) and bars and now they are making chocolate “breaks” too! Free2b treats contain NO…
- Tree nuts
Besides the allergens, they are also free from artificial sweeteners, flavors and colors and are non-GMO, if that’s how you ROLL 😉 They don’t contain any hydrogenated oils or trans fat (yay!) and they are plant based (cholesterol free). I tried the Sun Butter Dark Chocolate cups and I thought they were pretty great. They weren’t as sweet as your typical peanut butter cup, but that’s okay. I liked the combo of the sun butter and the creamy, rich dark chocolate. Nutritionally the Sun Butter cups are comparable to a Reese’s PB cup. They have about the same amount of calories (230 F2B vs. 240 Reese’s) the sun butter cups have about half of the amount of sodium and sugar but more fat and saturated fat, so it would depend on your nutrition goals. They were good though, I’d try them again! I really want to try the mint cups and the breaks…yum!
There are many benefits of probiotics and these GoodBelly juices and shots are a great way to add more probiotics into your diet. They have SO many flavors that you’re bound to find some that you love. GoodBelly aims to renew digestive health. Their probiotic drinks contain live and active cultures of the Lactobacillus plantarum strain. This specific strain was specifically chosen after researching human trials and finding that it does a great job of promoting healthy digestion. These drinks are also non-GMI, dairy-free, soy-free and vegan so that’s good news for those of you with diet restrictions. GoodBelly juices contain between 20 and 50 BIOLLION probiotics per serving which is good, because it can be hard for these little buggers to survive all the way through your digestive system, so in this case…the more the merrier!
I tried the Pomegranate Blackberry flavor, it was pretty good – not my favorite but the boyfriend really liked it. I think it was just a personal preference, I’ll go with another flavor next time. It wasn’t that I didn’t like it, just not my favorite flavor…but overall this is an awesome product and like I said…SO many flavors to choose from! Nutritionally they’re pretty similar to other juices so watch your serving size, but these can DEFINITLY be part of a healthy diet…yay for gut health!
So there you have it. So many awesome products reviewed. Most (if not all of their websites) have the product info, nutrition facts and “where to buy” on their websites so check them out and let me know what you think!