I haven’t always been a big fan of most fish but I have always liked tuna. These days I AM a big fan of fish…and…I still love tuna. I was lucky enough to have Bumble Bee Tuna offer to send me some of their convenient and packable tuna packets. I was so excited to try them out. I’ve been doing a lot of hiking with the BF lately and these are the prefect easy and yummy fuel during those long, tough hiking trips. They sent me a few packets that…have foldable spoons included! Yeah…I was pretty excited about that. Hey, it’s a pretty awesome feature when you’re in the middle of the mountains and realize you forgot any utensils…many a tuna packet has been consumed via my fingers, believe me 😉 Anyways, they sent me three different flavors.
- Lemon Sesame & Ginger
- Cheesy Tuna Melt + Crackers
I took these along with us on our most recent hiking trip and they were perfection. I whipped out the Lemon Sesame & Ginger after a long day of hiking and ate it plain, right out of the package and it was great. The flavor was awesome and the nutrition facts are pretty great as well.
- Calories: 70
- Total Fat: 0.5 g
- Sat Fat: 0g
- Sodium: 380 mg
- Dietary Fiber: 1g
- Sugars: 3g
- Protein: 11g
Not a ton of calories to refuel for hiking, but I ate some other goodies along with it and if you were just eating it as part of your lunch or a snack it would be great calorie-wise. It’s packed with protein and low in fat and sugar so…WIN. The Sriracha was also yummy. It was a little too spicy for my taste but I put it on some Triscut crackers to kind of tone down the spiciness and it was really good! The Cheesy Tuna Melt with crackers I actually haven’t tried yet, but the boyfriend ate one and he raved about it, so it sounds like it gets a thumbs up too. I’m excited to try it out myself…probably this coming weekend.
Bumble Bee Tuna is a great choice for many reasons…
- A lot of people that “don’t like fish” actually DO like tuna (it usually tastes less fishy)
- Along with the point above, it’s a good way to get kids to eat fish!
- Tuna is a lean source of protein and healthy fats (good for your heart!)
- They have a million awesome flavors…they’ll have at least a few that you like I can almost guarantee it
- The packets are perfect for throwing in your lunch, purse or taking with you on trips or outdoor adventures
- They have that cool foldable spoon in their to-go packets and I’m telling you, it deserves mention for it’s awesomeness!
- You can “Trace My Catch” with the code on your tuna to find out where it came from, now that is pretty cool
- It’s chunky and hearty, not soupy and packed with “fillers” like a lot of tunas are (see picture below)
Some of their other pouch flavors include:
- Sardines & Mackerel
The options are limitless! Head on over to their website here to check out all the options!