You know I love bars. You know what else I love? Oats…anything oatmeal…I’m usually a fan. That’s why I was SO excited when Bobo’s offered to send me some of their oat bars to try! And they sent about a million different flavors! All of which sounded fantastic. I decided to try the Chocolate Chip one first and after the first bite…I knew I was the newest Bobo’s fan. I loved it. It was basically a healthier version of an oatmeal chocolate chip cookie. It was all the things a good oat bar should be…chewy, moist, dense, oat-ey (ummm full of delicious oatness…?) and the chocolate chips in that particular flavor were the perfect addition. So about Bobo’s…
The things I love about Bobo’s Oat Bars are:
- There are SO many flavors (15 to be exact), so no matter what your preference you’re sure to find some that you love
- Flavors include: Original, Coconut, Cranberry Orange, Banana Chocolate Chip, Chocolate Chip, Cinnamon Raisin, Peanut Butter, Almond Butter, Peach, Maple Pecan, Coconut Almond Chocolate Chip, Lemon Poppyseed, Apple Pie, PB + J and Gingerbread. Whew…yea, a lot!
- They are great for anyone with allergies because they’re dairy-free and gluten-free. They’re also vegan for those that follow a vegan diet. Somehow they made a vegan treat that tastes WONDERFUL. Bonus: they’re also kosher, for any kosher eating friends out there.
- They use Non-GMO original butter spread (and other non-GMO ingredients) containing canola oil (which has lots of heart healthy fats). Again, as always, you know I’m not anti-GMO but if that’s something that’s important to you…another WIN.
- They have a long shelf life…7 months! And they can be frozen and then thawed later so you can keep a supply on hand for a long time! YAY for food storage 😉
So as far as nutrition, here are the facts...based on their “original” bar. I could have gone through and provided the nutrition facts for EVERY single one of their 15 flavors…but I’ll let you do the honors 😉 If you’re curious about a specific bar, head on over to the Bobo’s Website to find the nutrition information on any of their bars.
**Based on HALF a bar. Believe me, the bars are huge and dense so half a bar is actually pretty filling. Note that if you do eat the whole bar in one sitting (which I may or may not have done multiple times) the nutrition facts will be doubled.
- Calories: 180
- Total Fat: 7 g
- Sat Fat: 2 g
- Sodium: 65 mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 24 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Sugars: 9 g
- Protein: 2 g (they’re not super high in protein…the almond and pb ones are ~6 g protein but they’re not really meant to be “protein bars” so that’s a-okay!)
I love that on their website they have a RECIPE PAGE to provide their customers with ideas of how to use Bobo’s bars in lots of different recipes and various ways other than just eating them plain (which is also pretty dang delicious). Another thing these bars are great for a grab-and-go breakfast. I love oatmeal for breakfast but sometimes I don’t have the time or it’s too difficult to get all the ingredients together for oatmeal…so here you have a perfectly packaged “oatmeal” to go! Perfection in a wrapper 🙂
*Picture credit: Bobo’s website
As you can probably tell…all in all…I’m a big fan. I’ve said this before but I don’t promote products I don’t actually love and eat/use myself. If you like oats and you like bars and you like delicious treats…you’ll love these bars! My favorite so far has been the chocolate chip but I haven’t tried them all yet…follow my instagram account (@the_baking_dietitan) for updates on which bars end up being my favorites and head on over the Bobo’s Store Locator to find out how to get your hands on some of these tasty treats for yourself!