So on Sunday, I got home from church and I was S.T.A.R.V.I.N.G (dramatic much? I know…). Anyway, I wanted something a little different than the usual and I had some zucchini and avocado’s that were getting close to being past their prime, so I wanted to use them up. I am a big zoodle fan (although I STILL don’t have a spirilizer, I need to get on that ASAP!). I usually just use a cheese grater or cut the zucchini by hand (so not ideal). I have seen posts about avocado “sauces” so I decided to try one out. I just started adding random ingredients that I thought would go well…and BAM. It was delicious and SO simple to make. So obviously I wanted to share the recipe with you, my lovely readers. This is the perfect quick lunch or easy dinner and it’s super healthy. It’s packed with tons of healthy fats (mono- and polyunsaturated fats) from the avocado and olive oil and provides lots of protein from the chicken and greek yogurt, while also helping you get in an extra serving or two of viggies with all that tasty zucchini. So basically it’s a winner, amiright?
So here you have it…
Zoodles with Avocado Cream Sauce
- 1 medium zucchini
- 3/4-1 medium (ripe) avocado
- 1/2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. plain greek yogurt
- 1-2 Tbsp. milk of choice (just add enough until you the consistency you want)
- Dash of garlic powder
- 5 ounces grilled chicken
- 2 Tbsp. feta cheese
- Spiralize (or grate/slice) your zucchini into noodle-shapes and place in a frying pan drizzled with/sprayed with olive oil spray and cook over medium heat for about 10 minutes, or until the zoodles are tender.
- In a food processor, combine avocado (chopped), olive oil, greek yogurt, milk and garlic powder. Mix until smooth and creamy consistency, adding as much milk as needed to reach a “sauce-like” consistency.
- Remove zoodles from pan and pour into a bowl. Pour the avocado sauce over the zoodles and mix in until the zoodles are coated with the avocado sauce.
- Top zoodles with grilled chicken and feta.
- As always…ENJOY your healthy and tasty meal!