Of course I decided on a dessert because dessert is the best part of any meal, right? I loooove cinnamon and sugar anything. So I decided to make some cinnamon “sugar” pits chips and create a healthy coconut cinnamon dipping sauce. Ummm success. It turned out so great! And it’s healthy and SO easy to make! Using siggi’s was awesome because it made this dip higher in protein and lower in sugar than your average dessert dip. Siggi’s has more protein than sugar in their yogurt…even the flavored ones (which is a common tip I give people…look for things with more protein than sugar)! The coconut yogurt I used has 13 grams of protein and only 9 grams of sugar. The other great thing is siggi’s is that it is made with only a few simple ingredients like skim milk, cream, lemon juice and active cultures. Siggi’s for thewin.
So here we go.
Sweet Cinnamon Chips + Creamy Coconut Dip
2 whole wheat tortillas
Sprinkle of cinnamon
Sprinkle of truvia (or other granulated sweetener…or you could also use sugar)
Coconut Dipping Sauce
1 cup siggi’s coconut yogurt
10 drops coconut sweetener (I used liquid stevia)
4 tsp. powdered sugar
Dash of cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. Cut tortillas into triangle pieces and spray tortillas with cooking spray
3. Place tortillas pieces on baking sheet and sprinkle with cinnamon and sweetener
4. Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes (until slightly crispy)
5. While chips are baking mix dip…
6. Mix yogurt, coconut sweetener, powdered sugar and cinnamon
7. Remove chips from oven and let cool
8. Dip and enjoy!