So, when Lenny & Larry’s offered to send me some samples of their complete cookies to try, I was psyched…to say the least. I kept seeing people posting about these cookies on my the_baking_dietitian Instagram feed and I was curious about them. Finally I had a chance to try them for myself!
**NOTE: I don’t eat a vegan diet and I don’t think that eating a vegan diet is any more healthy than a non-vegan diet. I’m not using this post or this product to promote a vegan diet…BUT I DO think that everyone is different and different diets and ways of eating work for different people. I love these cookies, not because they are vegan (although, if you are vegan these are a great option!) but because they are high in protein, made with good ingredients and taste delicious! Just so we’re clear. Now…
WOAH. I’m in love. So far I’ve tried the Pumpkin Spice and Snickerdoodle. Both were fantastic. Like, so fantastic that although I planned on only eating half (they are huge) I ended up not being able to resist and had to eat the whole thing. Both times. Yeah. They are so thick and chewy and flavorful. SO SO GOOD. Honestly, I can’t even tell you…you just need to try them.
A few facts about these awesome cookies:
- They are vegan friendly (rejoice my vegan friends)
- No dairy products (for those avoiding dairy)
- No animal products (again…they’re vegan)
- Kosher (if that’s something that’s important to you)
- They have no preservatives
As for their Nutrition:
FYI, there are actually 2 servings per cookie so I’ve provided the nutrition facts for a whole cookie, because let’s be real, you’re probably going to eat the whole thing. Believe me.
- PACKED with protein (16 grams)
- Lots of fiber (6 grams)
- NO trans fat (0 grams)
- Made with no artificial ingredients (more “real” food/ingredients is always a plus!)
- They’re kind of high in calories if you do eat the whole thing (~400 calories, but only 200 if you can show a little self-control and only eat half!)
- A little high in sugar as well (30 grams, again…only 15 if you eat half)
All in all these cookies were a huge winner in my book. They are made with no artificial ingredients, which I know for a lot of people is really important. I’m not against using things like sweeteners, in moderation, but it’s always nice to know that most of the foods you are eating are made with more real, whole ingredients. Plus these cookies have a ton of protein (again, ~16 grams), and I am always up for getting more protein in my diet…especially in cookie form! The other nice thing is that they don’t have the “protein-y” taste that you sometimes get in high protein treats…not at all! You can’t even tell they are packed with protein…they just are.
Sooo, if you want to try them too (and, I’m telling you, you do) you can get them here. Just do it!