Wow. Well it has been A WHILE. I’m finally back from Nepal…I’ll be posting all about it soon (hopefully later this week) but in the meantime, I have a new recipe for you!
I love hummus. I love it so much. You know what I also love? Sweet potatoes. So why not combine them? Sabra recently gave us Recipe Redux members coupons for free products (guacamole, hummus, yogurt dip, salsa) to make some yummy recipes. Seeing as football season is in full swing I came up with a little tailgating/game day recipe. Sweet Potato Bites topped with Sabra hummus, feta and grilled veggies. The awesome thing about hummus is that just two spoons of hummus will meet your bean recommendation for the WEEK. This hummus contains 2 g of protein and 1 gram of fiber per serving (2 Tbsp.) and lots of healthy fats. They are bomb. They’re super easy and super tasty. I had them for dinner last night and I’m officially addicted.
1 medium sweet potato, sliced
1/3 cup Sabra Roasted Garlic Hummus
2 cup spinach
1 medium tomato
1/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
1-2 tsp. garlic and herb Mrs. Dash
Olive oil cooking spray
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
2. Slice sweet potato into “chip” shaped pieces
3. Place sweet potato pieces on baking sheet, spray with olive oil cooking spray and sprinkle with
garlic and herb Mrs. Dash
4. Cook sweet potato slices for 10-12 minutes (flip halfway through)
5. While sweet potatoes are cooking, sauté spinach and tomatoes in a pan on the stove until
6. Take sweet potatoes out and top with hummus, spinach, tomatoes and feta (seperating
ingredients amount sweet potato slices)
7. Place back in the oven for 2-3 minutes.
8. Take out, let cool slightly and enjoy!