Today she is sharing one of her fabulous recipes with us. The Ultimate Parfait Porridge. So Carly…take it away!
The Ultimate Parfait Porridge Recipe
This parfait porridge really is the simplest and healthiest way to start your morning. Ideal for if you have a fairly hectic lifestyle and don’t have time to make yourself anything, you can make this delectable porridge the night before and pop into the fridge for a quick pick-up before the day begins.
I use a mixture of oats, seeds and dried fruits for the base of my parfait porridge recipe, but feel free to experiment with your favourite nuts and seeds, or simply use whatever’s lying around the house. Flaxseeds and sesame seeds are great additions or alternatives to chia seeds, and dried dates are also great options if you’re not a fan of raisins.
Whatever your preference, you’ll love having this recipe to hand!
· 50g oats
· 50g muesli (I use the no-sugar, no-salt types)
· 120ml almond milk
· 1 tsp red currants or raisins
· 1 tsp cinnamon
· 1 tsp chia seeds
· 50g frozen berries
1. In a serving jar, place oats, muesli, cinnamon, currants, chia and almond milk into the container. Give it a
good stir so all the flavors can work together.
2. Top with the frozen fruit and leave in the fridge overnight.
3. Enjoy as a breakfast or take anywhere for a snack!
For more nutritional info, head over to My Well Being Journal and learn about how your body works, and what works for you.