Healthy Chocolate Banana Bread Bars
1 1/8 c. oats (grind in food processor to “flour” consistency)
½ tsp. baking powder
¼ tsp. baking soda
1/8 tsp. salt
½ tsp. cinnamon
½ tsp. nutmeg
1 ½ medium ripe bananas
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
2 Tbsp. applesauce
2 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
1/4 c. dark chocolate chips (chopped)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 8 x 8 inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Put oats into food processor (or blender) and blend until oatmeal has the same texture as flour.
3. Place oat flour into a bowl and mix in baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon and
4. Place bananas, vanilla, applesauce, and honey and egg into food processor or blender and mix
until mixture is smooth. Add to dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
5. Gently fold in the dark chocolate chips and pour the batter into a pan, spreading
6. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean and allow to cool.
7. Cut bars and eat up!