There’s basically no explanation needed for this post. You know me. I love all things chocolate. And peanut butter. And oatmeal. And cookie-like. So obviously I’m obsessed with these Healthy Oatmeal Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies. They have no oil, butter or sugar and they are gluten-free (when you use GF oats) if that’s how you roll. I adapted the recipe just slightly from The Skinny Fork.
So without further adieu…
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/3 c. natural peanut butter
- 2/3 c. unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 1/2 c. oats
- 1/4 c. dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix together the bananas, peanut butter, applesauce, vanilla, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg.
- Add the oats, and chocolate chips and stir until combined.
- Spoon 2 tbsp. “balls” of the dough onto the lined baking sheet and flatten slightly.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes and allow to cool slightly.