One of my all-time favorite snacks/treats are Muddy Buddies. Peanut butter. Chocolate. Powdered Sugar. Chex. You can’t go wrong. Right? Except that they aren’t exactly a very healthy option and if you’re anything like me you can’t stop after just a handful or two…more like after the whole bowl is gone. So I decided to experiment with making a healthier version. And wow. They were SO good. Even my sister [who always complains about my “healthy food” loved them…Love you sis 😉 ]. So there’s that. Believe you me. You’ll want to try these out.
3 cups Chex mix
1/3 cup natural peanut butter
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
1 package Sugar Free Vanilla pudding mix
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1. Pour Chex into a bowl and set aside
2. In another bowl melt chocolate chips in the microwave and then mix with peanut butter and stir them together
3. Add vanilla into PB/chocolate mix and stir in well
4. Pour PB/chocolate mix over Chex and stir until the cereal is thoroughly coated with the mixtures
5. Pour the coated Chex into a large zip-lock bag and add pudding mix.
6. Toss the Chex/pudding mix until the Chex are coated with the pudding mix
My New Year’s Eve eats weren’t exactly super exciting but they were super tasty. For dinner we made Healthy Pesto Chicken Personal Pizzas (find the recipe in this past post) with Green Salads topped with fresh berries and poppyseed dressing and then enjoyed these Muddy Buddies for dessert. Pretty great way to end 2014…