This first one is a favorite that I hadn’t made in a while so I decided it was time to bring it back. Good plan. I got this recipe/idea from one of my favorite blogs: Peanut Butter Fingers. She has so many good recipes, check them out! This Egg White and Oatmeal Protein Pancake is packed with protein and fiber and you can make a million different healthy variations.
Egg White and Oatmeal Protein Pancake
1 cup egg whites
1/3 cup oats
1 tsp. stevia or other sweetener
Cinnamon to taste (I usually use. A lot.)
Whatever toppings you want (syrup, nuts, nut butters, fruit, etc.)
1. Mix together all ingredients
2. Spray a frying pan with non-stick spray and heat over the oven on medium-high
3. Pour in egg white mixture and fry until it becomes white and starts to solidify
4. Flip over and fry on the other side
5. Plate your pancake and top with whatever you’d like (I topped this one with strawberries,
bananas and peanut butter.
6. Enjoy your delicious breakfast!
My other breakfast from this weekend was an experiment…to say the least. I literally just started cutting up and cooking random vegetables I had in my fridge. My roommate asked me what I was making and I said “I’m not sure yet”. Yeah, I literally had no idea. I ended up frying an egg in a bell pepper “ring” and then pouring the cooked veggies over it and slicing up 1/4 of an avocado. It was super easy and and super delicious.
Egg and Veggie…Thing
1 large egg
1 bell pepper cut into a “ring” shape
LOTS of veggies (I used tomato, mushrooms, broccoli, celery and cucumber
Avocado (on the side)
1. Heat a skillet over medium heat on the stove and cook veggies until tender
2. Place pepper ring in the pan and break an egg inside of it
3. Cooke egg on each side
4. Pour veggies over egg/pepper
5. Slice up avocado a
6. Bon appetit!