- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup roasted almonds
- 2-3 Tbsp. almond butter (or other nut butter)
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup butterscotch chips
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp. ground flaxseeds (optional)
- In a food processor (you could probably use a blender too), grind rolled oats and almonds until they are the consistency of sand.
- Add the almond butter, maple syrup, vanilla extract and flaxseeds (optional) and continue to process until fully incorporated. (You may need to add more or less sweetener depending on what the consistency is/the consistency you want. Don’t worry if the dough isn’t very sticky, it
will come together in the rolling process.)
- Add butterscotch chips to the dough and roll dough into bite-size balls.
- Place in the fridge for about an hour and enjoy!
[You can also store them in the freezer if you like them to be hard/frozen]
Recipe inspired by: http://www.livelaugheat.com