I have a few recipes I’ve been meaning to post, so I’m just going to jump right in. The first is an awesome quesadilla that is perfect for any meal…breakfast. lunch. and dinner. One of my favorite meals, the Egg Veggie & Feta Quesadilla. The other two recipes are fall desserts, because what is fall about if not pumpkin flavored everything and lots of desserts. Hello winter weight gain. But really. I made these two desserts for our housewarming party last night (it was awesome) and they were a hit…I think. Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting and Reese’s Pieces Chocolate Chip Blondies. So, without further adieu…
Egg Veggie & Feta Quesadilla
- Whole wheat tortilla (I used a flat out wrap)
- 1-2 Tbsp. feta cheese
- 1 large egg
- 2 Tbsp. bell pepper chopped
- 2 Tbsp. tomato, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. broccoli chopped
- 2-3 Tbsp. avocado, mashed
- Chop up all the vegetables (you can use whatever veggies you want, the ones listed above are just what I used.
- Heat up a pan over medium heat on the stove and spray with cooking spray
- Cook any veggies that you want more cooked (I cooked my broccoli and bell peppers)
- Fry an egg in the pan after you’ve cooked the veggies
- Spread the mashed avocado on half of your wrap, then top that with your veggies and place the fried egg on top
- Fold in half and grill on each side for 2-3 minutes or until lightly browned on each side
Now onto the desserts…
Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 box Yellow Cake Mix (plus eggs and oil on box)
- 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 – 15 oz. can pumpkin puree
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 c. butter softened
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2-3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Prepare cake mix as directed on box but substitute pumpkin puree for the water
- Add pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon and vanilla to cake mix
- Pour batter into cupcake liners in muffin tins
- Bake for 17-20 minutes
- Let cool completely
- Combine ingredients for frosting in a medium bowl and beat until smooth
- Pipe or spread frosting on cupcakes and ENJOY!
Recipe by: lilluna.com
And last but not least.
Reese’s Pieces Chocolate Chip Blondies
- 1/2 c. butter, softened
- 2 c. brown sugar
- 1/2 c. peanut butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla
- 2 1/8 c. flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3/4 c. Reeses Pieces
- 1/2 c. milk chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine butter and brown sugar. Add the peanut butter and stir to combine. Mix in the eggs and vanilla. Stir well.
- In a seperate bowl, combine all dry ingredients. Stir into the batter.
- Pour in the reeses pieces and chocolate chips. Gently mix.
- Evenly spread batter into a greased 9×13 pan.
- Bake at 350 for about 30 min or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool.
- Dig in!
recipe by: lilluna.com