Whole wheat tortilla (I used a flat out wrap)
3 oz. grilled chicken (shredded)
2-3 medium mushrooms, sliced
1-2 Tbsp. pesto
1-2 Tbsp. feta cheese
1/3 cup spinach leaves.
1. Sautee the mushrooms and spinach in a pan over the stove
2. Spread the pesto on the wrap and place grilled chicken, mushrooms, spinach and feta on half of the tortilla
3. Fold in half and grill in your pan for 2-3 minutes on each side or until lightly browned and
cheese is melted
And now, onto the part we really care about…dessert.
Pumpkin Oat Bread with Streusel Topping
Streusel topping (see below)
1 ½ c. whole wheat flour
1 c. rolled oats
1/2 c. + 2 Tbsp. honey or pure maple syrup
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
½ tsp. salt
1 c. canned pumpkin
⅓ c. low-fat milk
¼ c. greek yogurt
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 eggs, lightly beaten
3 Tbsp. brown sugar
2 Tbsp. whole wheat flour
¼ tsp. nutmeg
¼ tsp. cinnamon
1 Tbsp. chilled butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- To make the streusel topping, in a small bowl, cut together the brown sugar, flour, nutmeg, cinnamon, and chilled butter. You want this mixture to be crumbly. Set aside.
- In a larger bowl, combine white whole wheat flour, rolled oats, honey/maple syrup, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin seasoning, salt, pumpkin, milk, greek yogurt, vanilla extract, and eggs
- Mix just until moist and combined.
- Pour bread batter into a 8 x4 loaf pan sprayed with cooking spray. Sprinkle streusel topping on top.
- Bake 50- 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean (don’t over-bake it or it will be dry).
- Let cool in pan for 10 minutes or so. If you’re like me you’ll throw it in the freeze to speed up the process…I have no patience.
- Also always, enjoy!
recipe adapted from: www.organizeyourselfskinny.com