First though, let’s just talk about how my dad is awesome. He is honestly the best man I know and I consider myself incredibly lucky to be able to call him dad. Thanks for always being there for me dad and for always being able and willing to fix everything for me from my broken computer to my broken heart. You always know what to do. Love you!
1 2/3 sticks butter
1 2/3 c. sugar
1 c.+2 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
2/3 tsp. salt
2/3 tsp. vanilla extract
2 ½ large eggs
2/3 c. flour
Cream Cheese Filling
2 ½ c. powdered sugar
3 Tbsp. butter or margarine, softened
3 Tbsp. whipping cream
2 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/8-1/4 tsp. mint extract
2 drops green food color
1/3 c. whipping cream
1 1/3 c. (8 oz.) semisweet chocolate chips
1/3 c. butter
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Grease the bottom and sides of an 9×13-inch baking pan and set aside.
- Combine the butter, sugar, cocoa, and salt in a medium microwave-wave bowl. Microwave for one minute intervals, stirring in between, until the butter is melted and the mixture is smooth. Set the mixture aside until it cools slightly (is warm to the touch not hot). It will look gritty but it will become smooth once the other ingredients are added.
- Stir in the vanilla with a wooden spoon or rubber spatula. Add the eggs one at a time, stirring vigorously after each one. When the batter looks thick, shiny, and well blended, add the flour and stir until you cannot see it any longer, then beat vigorously for 40 strokes with the wooden spoon or a rubber spatula. Spread evenly in the lined pan. Cook for about 25 minutes and then let cool.
- Combine cream cheese filling ingredients, spread over cooled brownies. Then in a nonstick saucepan, heat ganache topping ingredients over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until melted and smooth. Cool about 10 minutes or until lukewarm.
- Pour topping over filling; spread to cover. Refrigerate uncovered about 2 hours or until set. Before cutting into bars, let stand 10 minutes at room temperature.