- 1 box white cake mix
- 1/3 cup oil
- 4 egg whites
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup butter
- 5-7 cups powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp. milk (if needed)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line pan with cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl, gently combine oil, egg whites, buttermilk, sour cream and vanilla extract.
- Sift in cake mix and stir.
- Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full and bake for 17-22 minutes, or until and inserted knife comes out clean.
- Buttercream: Beat butter a few minutes, scrape down bowl as needed. Add vanilla extract and slowly add powdered sugar until you reach your desired consistency. If your buttercream becomes too thick, add 1 tablespoon of milk.
- Pipe buttercream onto cupcakes
- If you want to get crazy roll them in some rainbow sprinkles.
- Eat, eat and eat a few more…