1 box white cake mix
1/3 cup oil
4 egg whites
3/4 cup buttermilk
3/4 cup sour cream
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup butter
5-7 cups powdered sugar
1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
1 Tbsp. milk (if needed)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line pan with cupcake liners.
2. In a large bowl, gently combine oil, egg whites, buttermilk, sour cream and vanilla extract.
3. Sift in cake mix and stir.
4. Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full and bake for 17-22 minutes, or until and inserted knife comes out clean.
5. Buttercream: Beat butter a few minutes, scrape down bowl as needed. Add vanilla extract and slowly add powdered sugar until you reach your desired consistency. If your buttercream becomes too thick, add 1 tablespoon of milk.
6. Pipe buttercream onto cupcakes
7. If you want to get crazy roll them in some rainbow sprinkles.
8. Eat, eat and eat a few more…