- 1 slice whole-wheat bread
- 1/2 cup cucumber, seeds removed, minced
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- Dash salt and pepper
- 1 avocado, halved, pit removed
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- Toast wheat bread.
- While the bread is toasting, combine the cucumbers, rice vinegar, sesame oil, and salt in a small bowl. Allow to sit for at least 5 minutes.
- Mash the avocado in a separate bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Once the bread is toasted, spread the mashed avocado onto it.
- Top with the cucumber mixture and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Recipe credit: tasteofhomecooking.blogspot.com
In other news I completed my last “long” run before my half marathon in two weeks. 12 miles. Got er’ done this morning after enjoying some pre-run toast with pb and banana. Best. Combo. Ever. And I somehow survived my run. So all and all I’d say it’s been a successful day so far.