I was looking for something simple to make for dinner tonight and decided to just experiment. I just got some of my favorite veggies out along with a few other random items in the fridge and starting throwing things together without a plan. Luckily, I was pretty thrilled with the end result. Chicken & Artichoke Pizza
- Whole wheat wrap/tortilla (I used a Flat Out wrap)
- 2-3 Tbsp. hummus
- 2 oz. chicken, cooked
- 1/4 bell pepper, sliced
- 1/6 onion, sliced
- 2-3 button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 artichoke hearts, cut into pieces
- 2 Tbsp. shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cooking spray or olive oil
- Set oven to broil on Med/High heat.
- Spray flat out wrap with cooking spray or drizzle with a little olive oil.
- Slice bell pepper, onion and mushrooms and cook in a pan over medium heat until tender.
- Cook chicken and cut into cubes. (or heat frozen pre-cooked chicken)
- Spread hummus over wrap and sprinkle cooked veggies, artichoke hearts, chicken and mozzarella cheese on top.
- Place “pizza” on a cookie sheet and put in the heated oven for 3-5 minutes, until cheese is
- sufficiently melted. Watch it carefully so it doesn’t burn. Eat it up.