Get ready to have your mind blown. But really. These cookies are soooooo good. They are honestly my favorite “healthy” cookie I’ve made. Ever. Even my toughest “healthy dessert” critic loved them. Yeah, that’s saying something. And like always…super easy to make. There require only a few ingredients and you probably have most of them sitting in your kitchen right now.
And the dough…well I’ll let you find out for yourself. Let’s just say the recipe was supposed to make 12-14 and by the time they went in the oven…it didn’t.
- 1/2 cup natural almond butter
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp oats
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup stevia (or sugar, honey, or other sweetener)
- 2 tbsp applesauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together all ingredients to form a dough.
- Form cookie dough balls (about 1 inch) with your hands, and place on the cookie sheet.
- Press the dough balls down a bit to flatten them out.
- Bake 8 minutes. The cookies should still look slightly under-cooked when you remove them from the oven, but they’ll firm up as they cool.
- Set the tray aside for at least 10 minutes before eating.
- Grab a tall glass of low-fat milk and eat to your hearts content.