Here’s the recipe. I hope you enjoy them as much as I am going to. Uh…well did. Does it count if you eat about 3 cupcakes worth in batter…?
- 2 1/2 cups Nutella (divided use – 1 1/2 and 1 cup)
- 3 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 8 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Line muffin tins with 12-15 paper liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs together. Add 1 1/2 cups of Nutella. Whisk the eggs and Nutella together until your mixture is smooth and shiny.
- Add the flour and gently stir it in, just until the flour streaks disappear. Don’t overwork it, or your cupcakes will be tough.
- Divide the batter between the muffin cups. Bake the cupcakes for about 15-20 minutes, until the tops are puffed and cracked and spring back when lightly pressed. Let the cupcakes cool on a wire rack while you prepare the frosting.
- Combine the remaining 1 cup Nutella and the cream cheese in a mixing bowl, and beat on medium-speed until combined, light, and fluffy. You may want to add a little powdered sugar as well, that’s up to you.
- Frost the cupcakes by dipping them into the frosting and swirling them…or just use a knife.
*Note: These cupcakes are quite dense. They won’t be your typical light and fluffy cupcakes because their main ingredient is Nutella. And believe me, that’s not a bad thing!