Heavenly Homemade Crescent Rolls
- 1 TB yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
- 1 cups warm milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 3-4 cups flour
- butter melted
- Mix 1 TB yeast with 1/4 cup warm water and 1/2 tsp. sugar. Let stand until bubbly.
- In a large bowl mix 1 cup warm milk, 1/2 cup oil, 1/2 cup sugar, 1 tsp. salt with a wooden spoon.
- Add 1 cups of flour to mixture, and mix well. Add 2 eggs and beat until smooth (mix vigorously be hand). Add yeast mixture and mix vigorously until smooth.
- Add 3-4 cups flour to the yeast mixture. Dough should be very sticky. Pour the dough into a large bowl. Cover with a tea towel and let rise for a few hours until it has doubled in size.
- Once the dough has doubled in size punch down and divide in half.
- Roll dough onto a floured surface making a circle about 12 inches round. Dough should be about 3/8″ thick.
- Brush dough with melted butter. Cut circles with a pizza cutter into 12 pieces (like a pizza). Roll from rounded edge to the point to make a crescent roll. Place into a greased pan.
- Cover dough with a light towel and let rise for a few hours (at least an hour) until it doubles in size.
- Bake at 375 until light lightly browned, which is about 15-20 minutes. NOTE: Touch rolls to see if they bounce back – if they do not, bake a little longer).
- Brushed with melted butter right while warm. ENJOY!