I found a recipe for Chocolate Brownie Bites (you had me at chocolate…) and of course, it called for dates so I figured I’d give it a shot. And good thing too, because they turned out amazing. So if you’re like me and have been quite skeptical of all things date…think again. Test these babies out. You’ll be glad you did.
1 cup raw almonds
1 cup pitted dates
3-1/2 Tbsp cocoa powder (try to use the good stuff)
4 Tbsp shredded unsweetened coconut
⅛ tsp salt
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Combine all ingredients (except water), in the order listed, in the bowl of a food processor.
- Process until mixture resembles coarse gravel.
- While the processor is running, add a thin stream of water, about ½ tsp, maybe less depending on the moistness of your dates.
- Stop the processor and check the mixture inside. If it sticks together when you smush it, then you’ve got the right consistency. If it’s still crumbly, add more water. You don’t want to add too much water because the bites will be too sticky.
- When you’ve got the right consistency, roll mixture into tablespoon-size balls.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week or so…