I know “broccoli salad” doesn’t sounds as awesome as a cookie, pie, or pasta recipe . But honestly guys, this stuff is so good. It’s addicting. I literally have to have people move it to the other end of the table at dinner so that I don’t eat the entire bowl. I just can’t stop. But lucky for me (and now for you too!) it’s super healthy and packed with tons of veggies. So you can eat a lot of it and believe me, you’ll want to. I got the recipe from Skinny Mom and as usual, made a few adjustments to suite my personal preferences. So here is my slightly altered version. She also calls for quite a bit more ranch (which is really the only not-so-healthy ingredient) but experience making this has taught me you don’t need nearly as much as her recipe calls for and it’s still plenty.
*Makes about 12 servings
- 2 heads fresh broccoli, chopped
- 1 head fresh cauliflower, chopped
- ½ cup red bell pepper, chopped
- ½ cup green bell pepper, chopped
- ½ red onion, chopped
- ½ cup black olives
- 1 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup reduced fat shredded sharp cheddar cheese (you can add less if you want)
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat ranch dressing (her recipe calls for 1 cup but I think that is way too much)
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl and toss with reduced-fat ranch dressing.
- Refrigerate until serving (you can serve it right away, but I think it’s better if you let it sit overnight in the fridge. All the flavors blend and it tastes that much better.)
Per Serving (1 cup)
Sodium: 389 mg