1 pound boneless chicken breast or chicken cutlets cut into bite size pieces
1 tablespoon coconut oil or vegetable oil
2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
Pinch of pepper
1 white onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
13.6 ounce can lite coconut milk
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon turmeric
2 cups cooked rice for serving
1. Warm oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
2. In a medium bowl toss chicken with flour, 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Add chicken to skillet and cook stirring occasionally until all sides are brown and is cooked thoroughly.
3. Add in onions and garlic and cook until onions are tender, about 5 minutes.
4. Mix cornstarch with coconut milk. Add to skillet with basil, cinnamon, turmeric and remaining
salt and stir until combined. Cook for another 3-4 minutes until sauce has thickened.
5. Serve over rice (I used brown rice)