- 1 T yeast
- 2 T sugar
- 1 1/2 c. warm water
- 1 T oil
- 1 t. salt
- 3 1/2 c. flour
- 3/4 c. melted butter – divided
- 3/8 t. granulated garlic
- 1/2 t. dried rosemary leaves
- 1/4 t. Season All
- 1 T Parmesan cheese
- 8 – 1/4 inch wooden dowels
- cut into 18 inch lengths (craft store)
- or 8 – 12 inch skewers/wooden dowels
- Mix the yeast, sugar and water and let sit for a couple of minutes to dissolve the yeast. Add the oil, salt and flour and knead by hand or with your mixer with a dough hook for about 5 minutes. Cover and let rise until double.
- Divide dough into 8 equal parts , about 4 oz. each if you want to use a kitchen scale.
- Lightly flour your hands and roll the dough into about an 16-18 inch long “snake”. Moisten the top of your dowel or skewer and begin wrapping the dough around loosely. Moisten a little where the breadstick will end too. Pinch to secure the dough at the top and bottom. Leave about 5 inches at the end of the dowel, if you are using the longer dowels.
- Hang over the edge of a 9×13 inch cake pan with all of the dough inside the pan. Let them rise until doubled. Brush with 1/4 c. melted butter.
- Heat oven to 375. Bake at 375 for about 15- 20 minutes or until just golden.
- Meanwhile mix the remaining 1/2 C. melted butter, seasonings and parmesan cheese. When the breadsticks come out of the oven, brush them with the seasoned melted butter mixture.
- Then…try to only eat 1…2…3…just eat em all!
recipe credit: www.purplechocolathome.com
And next time you’re in Utah you have to go to Pizza Factory and try theirs. They are to die for. Here is a link to find a Pizza Factory near you!