Once you try this you’ll be hooked. I promise. I got this recipe from one of my favorite blogs: pbfingers. She has great healthy recipe ideas, not to mention some awesome workouts. Check her out! Anyways back to breakfast. I introduce to you the:
Egg White and Oatmeal Pancake
The pictures isn’t glamorous but the TASTE is. Here’s the recipe…
- 1 cup egg whites
- 1/3 cup oats
- 1 packet stevia or 2 teaspoons sugar
- Cinnamon to taste (I use a lot of cinnamon!)
- Spray pan with cooking spray and heat over a medium high heat
- Stir all ingredients together until adequately combined and pour into pan
- When the pancake begins to turn white and the edges of the pancake begin to harden, flip and cook for another one to two minutes
- Top with syrup, nut butter, fresh fruit or slivered almonds (I mixed some slivered almonds into the mixture before cooking it…yum!) and ENJOY!
With 225 calories per pancake (and they are HUGE!) these pancakes are also packed with protein, 30 grams to be exact and will keep you feeling full for hours (or at least 2-3 hours if you’re me…). They also have 4 grams of fiber and no trans fat or cholesterol. Talk about the breakfast of champions!