So I got a question about a recipe for the healthy hot chocolate I mentioned in my breakfast post. And I do in fact have a recipe for you! As much as I’d love to be able to go to Moxie Java and get a hot chocolate every day that’s probably not the best idea for my wallet or body. So…health-ified hot chocolate. It’s pretty dang good (almost as good as Moxie’s) and I’ll admit I honestly make it almost every. single. day. I just love it!
Homemade Skinny Black and White Toasted Marshmallow Hot Chocolate
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp. stevia (or sugar)
- 1-2 Tablespoons sugar-free Toasted Marshmallow flavored syrup
- 1-2 Tablespoons sugar-free White Chocolate flavored syrup (optional)
- Heat the milk in a mug in the microwave for about 1:15 minutes
- Then add the stevia (or sugar), cocoa and flavorings
- Microwave for another 45 seconds-ish (I like mine really hot)
- Let cool a bit, then enjoy!
*I’ve tried a lot of other syrup flavors as well in my hot chocolate, so experiment and see what you like. Some of my favorites are Coconut, Cookie Dough (uh…duh! who doesn’t love cookie dough hot chocolate??), and Peppermint.
Be sure to check back tomorrow for a post about some healthy and very tasty snack ideas!