Anyway, here is one of my favorite go-to healthy breakfasts:
The Egg-White (or Egg) Veggie Breakfast Sandwich
- First, I toast a sandwich thin.
- Then I cut of some veggies, you can use whatever you want. Some of my favorites are: tomatoes, cucumbers, spinach, avocado, sauteed mushrooms (I cook these with the egg whites/pepper)…or whatever else your heart desires.
- Next, take a bell pepper and cut out a section width-way (if that makes sense!) and put it in a heated pan, sprayed with cooking spray.
- Measure out about 1/4 cup egg white (or sometimes I just use a whole egg…depends on my mood) and break that into the pepper “ring”. There is always some overflow but I just go with it and take a spatula to pile it back into the ring.
- Cook that for a few minutes on each side
- Then put the fried egg/egg whites and veggies on my toasted sandwich and bon appetit!
P.S. If you use a whole egg, soft-boiled it can get a little messy so have your napkins ready; so worth it though. It’s delicious!
I usually pair that with some fresh-cut fruit and/or a tall glass of cold skim milk, but today after hitting the gym and the grocery store I made a Moxie Java run for my all-time favorite hot chocolate ever…skinny black and white hot chocolate with sugar free toasted marshmallow syrup.